Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sturmschreiben

I.
A rose, a sunset,
God speaks; He speaks as well in
Lightning and thunder.

II.
Through my window flickered
Lightning, flashing fire in the sky;
What could I do but wake to watch it?
The chariot of God passed by.

III.
The storm is passed, the night is gone,
The morning comes with birds in song.

IV.
A flash, a thunder,
God speaks; He speaks as well in
Shadow, a whisper.

"The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet." ~Nahum 1:3

2 comments:

Jake said...

I like it; the last line hits hard and reminds me of Exekiel *scratches head* was it 18 Cilla had me read the other day? idk.

Kari said...

Beautiful, Colin. So true.